Instagram is a great platform for posting your adventures. It can also be used to share moments in your life that are more intimate. But why is there only 5 seconds of music on my Instagram Story? How can you add longer tracks or videos to your stories? This article will cover how to make Instagram stories music longer and some other tips.
When you upload your story, you’re uploading content for everybody to see. Your content includes all the images and videos that make up your story and any sound effects and music used in those stories. Instagram Stories users who utilize music without a license for commercial use are breaking copyright rules and must pay for the usage of that music.
For example, imagine you had been playing a song called ‘Bad Romance’ by Lady Gaga while editing your Instagram Story with selfies from last weekend’s vacation to Paris. Then someone else used their version of ‘Bad Romance’ while editing their own ig Story with photos from their weekend trip. Now the original artist wouldn’t be able to sue either party because both were using original content owned by them or others. However, if someone else uploaded footage from another video containing similar images/sounds/music that is only five seconds long instead of 30 minutes, its creator could sue for copyright infringement.
Make The Music Go Longer in Your IG Story
Making your Instagram story music last longer than 5 seconds is simple and you can easily do it. There are just a few steps:
- Go into the Instagram app on your phone or computer.
- Tap on ‘Settings’. It will be on the top-right corner of your phone.
- Tap on ‘Story length’ under General Settings.
The first time you visit this page, it will take you through some information about how long the stories should be.
It’s a clever workaround for the problem.
Utilizing a third-party app to edit your video
If you’re using a third-party app to edit your video, you can use it to add music as well.
You may have heard of apps like iMovie or Movie Maker that let people create videos on their phones. These tools allow creative freedom in how the final product looks, but they still only allow 5 seconds of content per post—and ig deems this too short.
Add music longer than 5 seconds to your Instagram story
You can upload a song longer than 5 seconds using the music app. How to do it:
- Go into the camera of your phone.
- Tap on ‘Play’.
- Select any song from your library.
- Slide up or down until it’s at its shortest length. You may need to adjust this depending on how long you want your video.
- When you have selected your song, tap on ‘Save’.
This setting will save it as an audio file so that when you upload it as part of an Instagram story or post, people won’t be able to see any graphics or text overlays behind them—which means no more distractions.
How can I extend the music on Instagram?
To change the length of your video’s music, follow these steps:
- Go to the music library in Instagram Stories and select a song you like to use as background music for your story.
- Please decide how long you want this song to play on its own. You can also choose between six options: 1, 2, 3 minutes; 4 minutes; 5 minutes; 6 minutes, or 10 minutes.
- Add in any other clips or videos that go well with your chosen song before adding them to your story.
How to make longer than 15 seconds Instagram stories
Now let’s look at how to make Instagram stories music longer than 15 seconds. For this, you can add music to your stories. To do this:
Go to your Profile page.
Click on the ‘Edit Profile’ button.
These steps will include a list of all the songs you’ve uploaded to Instagram and any existing playlists or albums created by someone else using Facebook.
Music on Instagram story not working
If you’re wondering why your Instagram story music isn’t working, here’s how to fix it.
- Switch on your Wi-Fi and open the app.
- Go into Settings in Instagram Stories and select the checkbox next to ‘Music’.
- Now enter a length of time for each song you want in your ig Story (or leave it at default).
- How can I lengthen the music on Instagram?
To change music length, click on the button on the left that reads 15 and choose your desired size.
- Why is my Instagram Story Music Limited?
In some countries worldwide, Instagram’s rules state that if you have a business account, you are not allowed to add music to your Instagram story due to copyright issues.
- Why is my Instagram story so short?
Each Instagram Story has a 15-second time limit. Instagram breaks up longer than 15 seconds stories into 15-second chunks that play one after the other.
- Why can’t I change the length of a song on Instagram?
The Instagram story has a 15-second time limit, but you can cut or clip a longer ig story into smaller pieces and upload them independently. Installing the most recent version of the Instagram app is advised if your access to music on the platform is restricted.
- How do I add Spotify music to Instagram?
Tap the ellipsis icon while a song is playing on Spotify, then select the Share option. When you tap Instagram, a link to your Instagram story is presented, along with the piece you chose and its album cover image.
Check that the app is open and that Wi-Fi is active on your phone. Use music from your collection or purchase music from public domain-licensed websites like SoundCloud or Bandcamp. Another alternative for individuals who don’t have a lot of space on their phones is to extend your story by modifying the audio file on your smartphone.