‘Max Headroom’ reboot, with Matt Frewer, in the works on AMC Networks
Max Headroom is plotting its return to TV: a reboot of the satirical science fiction series, which ran for two seasons on ABC from 1987–88, is in development at AMC NetworksOur sister site Deadline reports.
Original series star Matt Frewer is joined to reprise his role as the world’s first artificial intelligence TV personality. The ABC drama was set in a futuristic dystopia ruled by an elite class of television networks.
hold on and catch fire Co-producer Christopher Cantwell will serve as writer/showrunner on the project, which is being produced by Elijah Wood and Daniel Noah’s Spectervision and All3Media.
Ready for some more recent news? Well…
* Troy Kotsur (coda) California School for the Deaf Riverside (CSDR) football team is joined to star in a potential Disney+ series based on our sister site Diversity Report. The actor will play the coach of the team in the project, which is in the development stage.
* HBO Max and Hulu will share co-exclusive streaming rights to complete season Abbott PrimaryThe ABC comedy with Season 1 is coming to HBO Max on Saturday, August 20.
* AMC+ renews the suspense thriller moonhaven for a second season, ahead of its Season 1 finale on Thursday, August 4. Season 2 will premiere on AMC+ in 2023.
* FXX has released a trailer for little demonAn animated comedy featuring the voices of Aubrey Plaza, Lucy DeVito and Danny DeVito, and premieres Thursday, August 25:
* Apple TV+ has released a trailer for Lucy’s SchoolTeachers celebrating a new Peanuts special and premieres Friday, August 12:
Which TVLine item of today piques your interest?